This Page

has been moved to new address

The First Time

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
/* ----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Minima Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 26 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The First Time

"Won't it hurt?"

"It doesn't have to."

"What will my parents say?"

"They don't even have to know about it."

"Surely they'll be able to tell."

"Not really, you can hide it."

"I'm scared it's going to be written all over my face."

"I'll be right there with you. Let's just do it and get it over with."

"Well, I have always wanted to."

"Exactly. It's time. What are you waiting for? I mean, you are 17!"

"Yeah, I just don't want it to hurt."

"It's different for everyone, but really it's all over before you know it."

"How many times have you done it?"

"Three. This will be my fourth."

"Your fourth?! I had no idea! Didn't know you were an old pro."

"Yeah, I guess you could say that."

"Okay, I'm ready. I think I'm ready."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. But let's hurry before I change my mind."

"I am so excited for you! And don't worry, we'll fix your hair so your ears won't even show."

This post is fiction and was written for The Red Dress Club's writing meme, Red Writing Hood. This weeks prompt is: write a post using solely dialogue.

post signature

Labels: ,

31 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilliant ending. So not what I was expecting. Great writing!

January 20, 2011 at 10:45 PM  
Blogger MacDougal Street Baby said...

I really enjoyed this. Good job!

January 21, 2011 at 1:24 AM  
Blogger Pepca said...

Witty! I knew it would be something else the the obvious, but still couldn0t be completely sure. Great job!

January 21, 2011 at 2:33 AM  
Blogger Nancy C said...

Now that was clever! And, whew! Nobody gets pregnant from an ear piercing!

January 21, 2011 at 4:05 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I was thinking a pierced tongue, lol

January 21, 2011 at 5:14 AM  
Blogger The Schweitzers said...

Very well written!

January 21, 2011 at 5:50 AM  
Blogger singedwingangel said...

lmbo ok that was not what I was thinking..

January 21, 2011 at 5:57 AM  
OpenID momwentcrazy.com said...

very clever!

January 21, 2011 at 6:12 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Ha, ha! I wasn't guessing you meant ear piercing.

January 21, 2011 at 6:13 AM  
Blogger Twinpossible said...

LOL..your tweet threw me for a definite loop. Silly mama! I was going to say, yeah it hurt and my parents knew right away, from reading my diary, those dang snoopers. You'd think I were a teenager again, ha ha, but I did learn I will never read my child's diary from my lack of privacy.

At the ending, I had to chuckle. That was a very good turn around. The ears wouldn't bother me. The belly...ahh...not too much, depending on their age of course, but the tounge.. eww gross! Or anything down south, but this I'd never know!

I got to learn to curb my dirty mind here. I wasn't one who thought that it wouldn't be an obvious, as I thought, lol.


xoxo Shelly

http://www.twinpossible.com/blog

January 21, 2011 at 6:15 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

You had me going there for a minute! Brilliant!

January 21, 2011 at 6:18 AM  
Anonymous Stacey said...

I like how it wasn't obvious what was going on until the end. I was actually thinking tattoo. Great dialogue!

January 21, 2011 at 6:30 AM  
Anonymous Leighann said...

LOL.. that was great! I thought tattoo but not earings! Fantastic

January 21, 2011 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I thought it might have been getting pierced...but I wasn't sure WHERE exactly LOL

Visiting from RDC

January 21, 2011 at 9:15 AM  
OpenID mommylebron said...

I was torn between you know what and a tattoo! lol Very cute!

January 21, 2011 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Oh, I thought maybe a tattoo. Great job! Glad you finally got hooked on the Writing Hood prompts :)

January 21, 2011 at 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Nichole said...

I was sure it was a tattoo!
Great job fooling us, Tonya.
Were you really 17 when you had them pierced? Or is this fiction?
I love seeing you link up every week! :)

January 21, 2011 at 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

I bought it hook, line and sinker. 17 is late for ears but not for everything else!

January 21, 2011 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger From Tracie said...

Brilliant. I was guessing all the way to the end!

January 21, 2011 at 11:30 AM  
OpenID moveovermarypoppins.com said...

I was thinking navel....

January 21, 2011 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Soge shirts said...

Haha there were some nice clues along the way on that one but I didn't put it together to the end. Nice dialogue!

January 21, 2011 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Good job!
I too was thinking tattoo.

January 21, 2011 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I still didn't get it til I read the comments. DOH! I'm a little slow over here.

Love it, and I'm so glad you're loving doing the prompts!

January 21, 2011 at 2:24 PM  
Anonymous Mama P said...

:P Totally fell into the gutter on this one! Loved it though, definitely wasn't expecting the ears!

January 21, 2011 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger (Florida) Girl said...

Haha. I breathed a little sigh of relief at the end. Visting from trdc.

January 21, 2011 at 6:05 PM  
Anonymous Amanda Hoving said...

I liked the little twist at the end. If only those conversation were always so innocent(ish).

January 21, 2011 at 6:33 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

I said, "Phew!" at the end. :) What a fun read!

January 21, 2011 at 7:13 PM  
Anonymous Jessica Anne said...

Ha! It's funny how many of conversations kind of start the same way. Especially when you're a teenager.

January 21, 2011 at 9:22 PM  
Blogger Veronica said...

At first I thought, whoa, being a little cavalier about having sex for the first time, but nope, ears pierced.

That was great!

January 22, 2011 at 5:15 AM  
Blogger Blue Moon Girl said...

Hahahahaha! Loved this! I thought it was going to be a tattoo! Never guessed the ears! Awesome!

January 22, 2011 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Hahaha, that's fun! Never would have thought that was going to be the ending! Nice work! I really enjoyed this!

January 23, 2011 at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

I love comments and appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you for visiting Letters For Lucas.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home